Sunday, February 1, 2015

My 2015 Goodreads Challenge

For as long as I can remember I have never read as many books as I'd wanted to. I would fall into merciless reading slumps and barely try to put myself out of them. Considerably, I was also a full-time student and had a demanding schedule that cut out most of my social and personal life. Now that I am graduated from college and am working daily as a substitute teacher, I am finding more time to read the books I own (which is over 500 in my tiny bedroom alone!)

So far in 2015, I have completed six books. I originally set my goal on Goodreads to 25 books to read this year, but if I continue at the rate I am going, I will surpass that goal sooner than later! I am prepared to up that number--maybe even double it--in the near future.

I highly suggest any reader, or aspiring reader, to set a goal on Goodreads and encourage your friends to do so as well. My boyfriend is doing the challenge with me and it feels good to complete a novel and log my progress on a website for my friends to see and follow my  journey. Of course, you don't need a Goodreads account to set a book goal for yourself, but it's just a fun, motivating aspect of reading that I truly enjoy!

If you'd like to be my friend on Goodreads and see what this year has in store for me, add me at www.Goodreads.com/StephaniDamato

No comments:

Post a Comment