Monday, September 17, 2012

Authors and Books

Today, I received a "tweet" via Twitter from the well-established author, Jay Asher. Mr. Asher wrote 13 Reasons Why and The Future of Us. I read 13 Reasons Why a few years ago and loved it. It was out of my realm of favorite genres, but it was one of the rare books that I literally couldn't put down. It's currently being produced into a movie starring Selena Gomez (I believe). Anyway, Jay tweeted that he read a lot on his long flight so I asked him what he was reading and he told me The Watchers and a bunch of non-fiction. I was really excited because he responded quickly, and it's always nice to chat with one of your idols!

Anyway, I purchased the YA paranormal novel Nightspell by Leah Cypess at Barnes & Noble on Sunday. I had never heard of it, and it was all alone on the shelf. The cover was what got me immediately interested because of the colors, font, and images. I sometimes like rummaging through random books at B&N and picking an unknown one just to see if it's any good. So far, this is unique and interesting. I hope it stays that way!

I am able to use my two published novels as an independent study for the Honors Program here at SRU. This means I get a full Honors course credit as long as someone from the English department reads the stories and approves that they are honors material. I am really excited to receive feedback from my professors.

Also, if anyone from my Writing for the Non-Print Media class is taking a look at this blog (whose link was posted on my class's blog), please feel free to talk to me on here. I'd love to share writing and reading advice! (We're pretty much ALL going to be English teachers, after all!)

No comments:

Post a Comment