Sunday, July 8, 2012

Connecting on Twitter!

Recently I have been contacting several fellow authors on Twitter for writing advice, with me being new in the publishing/agent aspects of being a writer. Several have been kind enough to "tweet" me back (Suzanne Johnson, Julie Cantrell, K.M. Ruiz, Victoria Scott) and luckily two of my favorite authors took the time to help me out! 

Moira Young, author of Blood Red Road, told me, "Read, read and read some more. Oh, and watch a lot of movies. Listen to music. Daydream. Eavesdrop. Always carry a notebook."

Brenna Yovanoff, author of The Replacement, told me, "Aw, thanks! I'd say to write a lotlotlot, about EVERYTHING and also not stress too hard if you don't finish things at first."

I just recently read both of these novels, and thoroughly enjoyed them. I was thrilled that these authors took time out of their day to provide writing advice for an aspiring author! A big thanks goes out to all of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment